Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Saigon

I'll try to catch you up on the Saigon leg of the trip all in one post. I'll publish it in bits but keep coming back because I may add to it as Troy permits.

On Monday we flew from Da Nang to Saigon. Before leaving the hotel, Troy and I took a walk on the beach, taking advantage of a break in the weather. Troy loves the Ergo carrier and easily falls asleep in it (as long as I'm moving). Here's a picture of Troy after the walk. I had hoped to make baby footprints in the sand on the beach but Troy had conked out too quickly.

ergo.jpg

This was Troy's first flight, again on an enormous China Airlines A300 jet. Here is Troy sitting in his own Business Class seat (he did not have his own ticked but the seat was free):

first-flight.jpg

Saigon was hot, of course. This time, we stayed at the Duxton, a very nice hotel in the downtown area. The night we arrived, I just wandered around a bit and had a Banh Mi ("Saigon Sub") sandwich of BBQ pork.

The next morning was the medical checkup, required as part of the visa documentation. Our guide took us to the hospital, where they were put through some pretty basic checks - a quick look and some measurements. I was disappointed that they were unable or unwilling to check Troy's ears, which have concerned me since he seem to pull at them as if he is in pain (typically a sign of an ear infection). The doctor was impressed by how much Troy has attached to me, as judged by Troy's response when I handed him off for measurements. Here's Troy getting weighed most unhappily:

medical-exam.jpg

Well, Troy is up (and cranky) so here's hoping I'll finish the updates later...

1 comment:

  1. When do i get to squeeze him?! He's SO cute I can't stand it!!

    ReplyDelete