Friday, December 12, 2008

Saturday, Midday

Update: See my last post...I've added a video at the end.

Well, last night was tough again. Troy went to sleep fine (and early) in the big bed but woke up around 2 and insisted on being held while I walked. Anything less elicited wails and ear tugging and thrashing. Waiting for him to fall asleep did not seem to work. Formula did not help. Ibuprofen (for teething pain) did not help. Whiskey did not help (kidding). Standing still while holding him did not work and sitting or lying down was out of the question. Even the magical Ergo carrier failed me. This went on for over an hour. I concluded that both of us continuing this way would only fatigue us both and make today more difficult still - especially since I'm fighting a cold myself. (Note to Laurie: don't read further...) I decided to put Troy in the crib, where he could easily see me, and see what happened. Troy cried for a bit - then less - then he lay down and fell asleep within 15 minutes. Interestingly, he did not exhibit any ear tugging or kicking in the process. He fell fast asleep, like a rock, until 8:30, when I woke him up. I think Troy knows exactly what is going on and I completely admire his quick recognition that it was time to finally go to sleep. Also, he may be more comfortable in a crib since it is more familiar has "walls". I plan to try the crib again tonight.

I was sure Troy would hate me when he woke up but it appears he did not.

Well, it's off to lunch at Cha Ca La Vong - a famous fish restaurant in the old town.

1 comment:

  1. I've never had much success with co-sleeping my babies from VN, even though that was my intention from the start (to co-sleep). They all prefer to be in a crib when it's time to really sleep. So we attach when we're awake and enjoy our sleep at night side by side, but in separate beds. So don't fret if Troy ends up liking his crib better. :)

    ReplyDelete