Friday, December 5, 2008

A Sign for Tomorrow…

I spent today relaxing and preparing for the big day tomorrow - when we have the Giving and Receiving Ceremony and I'll become Troy's dad under Vietnamese law.

Today, I got a chance to look around Da Nang a bit and also spend a few hours in Hoi An. Hoi An is a UNESCO world heritage site due to the preserved state of its old buildings. It's a really quaint town, with great shopping and food. In fact, my two course dinner with drink, which cost less than $6 was probably the best food I have eaten in Vietnam ever. I had a local specialty of fried wontons with tomato and crab on top followed by green mango salad with shrimp.  Here are the wontons:

wontons.JPG

I spent this evening preparing bottles, diapers, and gifts and charging up the cameras. We'll be leaving the hotel at 6:30 in the morning so want to be ready. In the process, I happened to glance at my suitcase and see the luggage tag... The airport code for Da Nang is DAD and the tag says "Da Nang DAD". I'll take it as a good sign for tomorrow!

luggage.JPG

1 comment: