Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sleeping / Dogs

It's 6 a.m. and I'm up.   I had gone to bed early prepared for another middle of the night session of with jet-lagged Troy at 2 a.m.  - as I've had for the past two nights.  I suppose it is jet lag or all the changes but he was up and a big handful - not wanting to sleep, not wanting to play, and just generally unhappy.  The last two nights, I ended up co-sleeping with him but Wednesday night was really rough... he tossed and turned and cried and clawed me for an additional 45 minutes before drifting off.

Last night was much better.  Troy went to sleep at 8:00 right after his bottle.   He was up at 11 and I was able to get him to fall asleep pretty much right away (good investment, that $150 Target glider rocker chair).   Troy was up again at 1:00 and hungry.  I fed him and rocked him and we both fell asleep for a bit in the chair and then I put him back in his crib.  That was it.  So, a number of factors are starting to go our way:  Troy is overcoming his jet lag, I'm understanding Troy better, and Troy is getting more comfortable in his new environment.  I'm also managing my fatigue better, which is tough because I have a nice little head cold at the moment.

Unrelated other than that I happen to have the time to post about it is the fact that I discovered that Troy likes dog.  No, I did not let him taste "Thit Cho" in Vietnam.  Actually he likes our dog, Lani (and she likes him).  Where Evan and Lani had a crying/barking fit when they first met, Troy has had nothing but fascination for Lani, following her around and making barking noises.  We'll never know but perhaps Troy got comfortable with all the (cooked) dogs he saw in our travels in Vietnam.  Ha!

Here's Troy and Lani:

lani-and-troy.JPG

2 comments:

  1. That picture is totally gross, and completely adorable at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting. Madison keeps waking up at 2am also. She also is getting along quite well with our two dogs. The younger dog, Bailey, is quite taken with her.

    Merry Xmas to you, evan, troy and lani

    ReplyDelete